Thursday, July 29, 2021
- Register for the Commuter Alternative Program for 2021-22, which begins Aug. 1. Benefits for not driving to work include a discount card and prize drawings.
- On Aug. 3, say goodbye to artist Louise Bourgeois’ pair of sculptures “Crouching Spider” and “Eye Benches I,” on loan to Carolina since 2018. Email your photos, memes or farewell messages to firstname.lastname@example.org by Aug. 2 at 8 a.m. Include your media handles if you want Arts Everywhere to credit your work on social media.
- Wind down at Carolina Inn’s Fridays on the Front Porch with music this week by Lee Gildersleeve & The Bad Dogs and food by Cilantro and Greektalian Grill. The fun begins at 5 p.m. July 30.
- Curious or concerned about the COVID-19 delta variant? Take six minutes to play this informative video featuring UNC School of Medicine infectious diseases experts Drs. Cindy Gay and David Wohl.
- Join the livestream when the Campus Safety Commission meets at 10 a.m. Aug. 4.
Tuesday, July 27, 2021
- Check out the redesigned Human Resources website, where you’ll find quick links to popular topics like open positions, benefits and leave info, and the return to work on campus section.
- Tell the University that you’ve gotten your COVID-19 vaccination. Knowing the percentage of employees protected is essential for planning the appropriate safety measures.
- Carolina’s COVID-19 Community Standards require you to always wear a face mask while inside any University building. You are not required to wear a face mask while outdoors on campus.
- Dive into the Employee Forum’s August book club selection, “Unbought and Unbossed” by Shirley Chisholm, the first Black woman elected to the U.S. Congress. Register to join the discussion from noon to 1 p.m. on Aug. 26.
- Listen as five current music majors come together to create a new telling of the classic story of Orpheus, an ancient Greek tale about love, grief and deception. Hear it from noon to 1 p.m. Friday, July 30, as part of Compose Carolina’s summer music series.