Tuesday, May 17, 2022
- Thank you, researchers! The UNC Network for Research Professionals is celebrating its 10th anniversary and kicking off Researcher Appreciation Week with events through Friday. Today, 11 a.m.-2p.m., researchers can stop by appreciation booths in the Bioinformatics Lobby and Cancer Hospital for a token of thanks. Free registration is also available for education sessions, a networking event and interactive workshop.
- Join Carolina Public Humanities 2-4 p.m. May 20 at the historic Hillsborough Courthouse to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the Journey of Reconciliation, also known as the “First Freedom Ride.” Registration is not required but encouraged.
- Register for a Zoom talk by the School of Medicine’s Tamala Gray, part of the UNC Women in Leadership Speaker Series, at 1 p.m. May 20, hosted by the Association for Women Faculty and Professionals.
- Join the North Carolina Botanical Garden for some floral fun 6-9 p.m. May 21, during its 10th annual Carolina Moonlight Garden Party. All net proceeds from this ticketed event support the garden’s mission — ensuring the protection, preservation and conservation of plants and natural areas.
- Are you a runner? The Philosopher’s Way Trail Runs (10 mile and 7 kilometer) take place in Carolina North Forest 8 a.m. May 21. You can participate in this weekend’s event or run/walk the course on your own time through May 30. Race organizers say the forest’s trails have seen around a 30% increase in activity throughout the pandemic, and proceeds from races like this support maintenance and restoration efforts.