Thursday, June 8, 2023
- Volunteer or promote your part-time caregiving services. Helping Heels is a resource for UNC-Chapel Hill faculty, staff and students to find child care, pet care and elder care from fellow Tar Heels. Register by June 18 to become a Helping Heel.
- Learn how to meet your financial goals. Register for “Managing My Money,” a free lunch and learn June 21 from noon to 1 p.m.
- Want to learn more about Amazon Web Services and how it can benefit your research? The Eshelman Institute for Innovation and Amazon AWS have partnered to accelerate software-based research across campus, from improving security to helping labs get cloud-enabled. Fill out a brief form and learn more about the AWS partnership and grant credits.
- Cross-campus printing has a new name, Carolina Print Hub. Before the fall semester, the name change will take effect across signage, webpages, support articles and other materials. ITS Educational Technologies hopes the new name will ease confusion about what the service offers.
- Congratulations to the two outstanding leaders honored at the 2023 University Managers Association annual meeting. Erin Pelletier, economics department, won the Manager of the Year award, sponsored by UMA. “Coop” Roberts-Cooper, Carolina Housing, won the Outstanding Encouragement of Learning & Development award, sponsored by the Office of Human Resources.
Tuesday, June 6, 2023
- If you believe laughter is the best medicine, you’ll want to attend the webinar “Laughter, Humor and Play to Reduce Stress and Solve Problems,” taught at noon June 7. Register on the Carolina Talent website by noon today.
- Microbiologist Adam Rosenthal will explain how “Bacteria Get Hangry, Too” at the Carolina Science Café. Sponsored by the Morehead Planetarium and Science Center, this program designed for adults begins at 6 p.m. today at Gizmo Brew Works, 157 E. Franklin St.
- Hear how three researchers used the resources of Wilson Library’s special collections for their projects on Islam, enslaved women and 19th century capitalism at the Wilson Library Research Forum. Register for the virtual event, which begins at noon June 14.
- For the Second Friday ArtWalk at the Ackland Art Museum, enjoy an evening of wine, food and local art that celebrates the museum’s current exhibition, “Unsettled Things: Art from an African American South.” Register now for a $25 wine pairing ticket for the event, 6 to 9 p.m. June 9.
- Sign up for the Second Saturday Tour of the North Carolina Botanical Garden at 10 a.m. June 10 and find out more about what makes it one of the premier conservation gardens in the U.S.